Blasting!!

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:09:15 EST

In a message dated 2/28/00 6:55:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
prescottpiano@juno.com writes:

<< experience in this area?  I have dropped a studio
 piano on its back with no apparent damage(it is mine, I don't move others
 pianos).  I have seen pictures of a Steinway in a destroyed auditorium
 with part of a roof on top of the piano, damage reported was a cracked
 lid.
 Thanks in advance,

Larry:

I had a Yamaha 7.5 foot Grand fall into an auditorium pit-a drop of 5 feet or
so- and flip entirely on its lid. The only damage was to the lid-front part-
and small amount to the fallboard.  I would think that damage from blasting
would not really affect the piano in question.  It might alter the tuning-but
no more than moving a piano across a room would-and you know that is usually
minimal.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio