key duplication - partial set

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:22:00 -0500

The costs of duplicating a full set of keys would be pretty big.  But
perhaps there would be a way to duplicate, or more accurately stated,
properly repair only the keys that are problematic.

You'd have to talk to somebody like Larry at Walker Piano, but I wonder if
you sent them the whole section of bass keys, whether they would be able to
repair the offending members in proper fashion, leaving the ones that are
serviceable alone?  They would likely need most of the bass section to do
this, and would probably want to know ahead of time, which keys were ok.
Don't misread me, I'm not trying to put words into their mouths, or saying
that they would do this.  I'm just speculating.

If you're interested, Walker's number is:  502-838-6889.  It can't hurt to
talk to 'em.

Good luck,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA