pianotech-digest V2000 #202

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:17:16 -0600

>A very diverse company, I recall them making snow skis, houseboats, etc.
which wouldn't rule out garden rakes.

>Early Yamaha pianos to North America had Nippon Gakki emblazened on the
plate. Some were underslung actions, perhaps a collector's item today.

Hi John,
            The same diversity is very suprising when you go to Japan. for
instance, the Concert and Artist selection department in Tokyo, is located
in their main Kitchen and Bathroom store, not a piano store.  I asked the
reason why, the reason given, it's with in walking distance of the Hotels
and Halls.

The quality of the complete Kitchens and Bathrooms is defintely up market,
complete with custom design services.
They are even in the resort business.

regards Roger
Roger Jolly