Felt

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:46:54 -0600

Hi Brian,
              Susan Kline shared a tip with us some time ago, apply white
glue on the porous material, CA glue to the non porous. The white glue acts
like an accelerator for an instant adhesion, with little to no wicking into
the felt.
I thought she was crazy, until I tried it, no pun intended.  Works
wonderfully for this, as well as trap work type jobs, the non wick
characteristics prevents leather and felt becoming hard.
It's a good sustitute for many hot hide glue applications, like back check
leathers in the field.

Apply the thin CA with a small artist brush and you can really target the
area. Clean brush Immediately with CA solvent, for reuse later.  This will
solve you running problems.

Regards Roger

At 09:07 PM 26/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Martin,
>
>I always used CA.  The thicker stuff is my poison of preference since it
>doesn't run all over the place.  The only thing I tend to pay attention to
>is not using so much glue as to saturate the felt, just using enough to do
>the job of holding the felt to the plate.  It doesn't take much.
>
>How's the job going, anyway?
>
>Brian Trout
>Quarryville, PA
>btrout@desupernet.net