Felt

Martin Dubow tuner@mediaone.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:39:34 -0800

Thanks, Brian,

It's going okay. I managed to get everything off without any disasters. There
were
some unusual configurations where the wire went around more than one hitch pin

and made careful note of those. I cleaned up the plate as best I could and now
it
looks clean and old as opposed to dirty and old. There's that hairline crack
in the
soundboard which I decided not to do anything about because it really doesn't
seem to be affecting anything. I'll pick up some CA on Monday and actually
start
putting the strings on. I made a pattern of the bass strings and gave it to
Pacific
Piano Supply. They sent it somewhere back east - takes about 3 weeks to get
the strings back. Hopefully, by then, I'll have the rest of it together and
the
remainder will be only a short time.

I've now got two more potential restringing jobs. After I've got my confidence
up
with this one, I should have no trouble selling these people on it.

Martin