Tuners in movies

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 21:45:07 -0600

> In the "Eddie Duchin Story" movie (I think), there is a scene where we can
> see (and hear...) a tuner tuning a piano.  I remember he had a peculiar
way
> to tune.  He started tuning a single note with no reference (like if he
were
> using RCT...), played a major chord with the note as a test, then move to
> another note, another chord, etc.
>
> I always wondered if the guy was just an actor or a wonderfeul perfect
> pitcher.
>
> Michel Lachance, RPT

I get the picture.   So much for Holly Wood accuracy.
While not from a movie, there was a tuner in a TV comercial (for  an outfit
or org. I can't remember) in Sioux Falls SD.  The picture showed a hand on a
tuning hammer (grand  piano) and the sound of the note being tuned.  It was
a real tuner tuning a real unison.  Well it looked and sounded real.   Since
I can't remember the comercial's pitch I suppose some might consider it a
failure.     ---ric Pitchin