Hart spring tool

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:43:37 -0800

I suggest you practice with the tool before working in a
stressful situation.  There is nothing wrong with the Hart tool.
It won't do the job for you.  You need to have some skill in in
the use of it or any spring adjusting tool.  Ideally the tool
would contact the side of the repetition lever when re-intalling
and voila the spring would be in the groove.  It doesn't work
that way in the real world.  Re-install the spring and give it a
little nudge and it will go into the groove.

David Ilvedson, RPT