Cleaning primary valves

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:39:25 -0600

Ron writes......
> It about has to be the pouches holding them up.

I haven't gotten to that point yet.   The pouch leather looks OK. They were
the first things I tested after disassembly.  They look and fuction as good
or better than I have seen new or old.  It is possible they might be pushing
up on the valve feet.  But this cannot be determined until the valves
themselves are tested for leaks in both facings and the seats. In doing this
I was making a simple mistake in bench testing. Turned out I was applying
suction to the wrong hole, or expecting results that I couldn't get by doing
that.  The only trouble is that I WAS getting results but they were false
readings so to speak.  Ha, and I thought I had found a new test and was
going find out if the experts know about it.  If they do, they know it
doesn't work.  I wonder if it has ever happened to them?  Anyhow I had fun
ferreting out the problem and running down old sources, and meeting new
ones.      ---ric