Wapin Bridge

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:57:05 +0100

Jon Page wrote:

> The system is pretty simple and straight forward. I don't see what
> everyone's
> objections are. Why is a person or institution not suppose to benefit
> financially
> from an idea or product. Do you have something against Capitalism?

Quite the opposite... My point is exactly the opposite.. Stop getting
hung up on what you think you read, and try and understand where a
person is comming from. Wapin has everything (capitilism wise) to gain
from being more informative about how there product does what they claim
it does up front.

> It is easy to copy, but the patent laws could get you into trouble if
> discovered.

Be that as it may copies will be made... Hey.. I didnt make the world..
I just relate to it the way it is.

> Perhaps one reason for 'getting with the program' is that they want to
> maintain
> a standard/procedure and a guarantee of your compliance.

I see no conflict with a relatively complete informative description of
the product and the goal of maintaining a standard/proceedure and a
guarantee of my compliance.

> Don't make a big deal about it. Ask for the application, sign and
> return it,
> view the literature and decide if you wish to pursue it. No money
> spent
> except for postage. Then if you install the system, you send them a
> minimal
> royalty. It a no-brainer.

It was not quite that simple when I contacted Wapin late last year. And
it seems to me that it is not me who's makeing a big deal of it. I
simply expressed my opinion that Wapin would be better served by a more
complete description of what the product does and how it does it. The
reactions against standpoint seem to me to be overdriven.

> I believe it's not paid until completion (customer) or sale of the
> piano,
> so someone other than you pays the royalty.
>
> If your biggest objection is just the royalty, then you're just being
> cheap.
> Someone put time and energy into this product and would like to reap
> the benefits. I have no problem with paying someone their due.

Give me a break. Of course the inventor should be able to reap benifits
from his invention. And I dont have any objection to that. AGAIN:::::::
!!! he would reap MORE benifits by employing a more informative sales
strategy...

> If it were your idea, would you just give it away? I think not.

Thats another discussion... we are not talking about me.. But as long as
you are on about something I have not brought up, advocated, or even
mentioned... Perhaps you dont enjoy the fact that the "inventor" of the
internett decided not to patent, precisely so that folks like you and me
can use this wonderfull invention in such a free and inexpensive way
that we do. Perhaps you think it would be more condusive to creativity,
invention, education.... etc etc ad absurdum if we all had to pay some
royalty to the fellow each time we got on line ????

> Jon Page

You really should try and see where a fellow is comming from before
jumping all over his case Jon. Your replics address an argumentation I
do not stand for nor support in any general sense. In fact I simply am
saying that it irritates me to see just a bunch of non-informative hype
when considering looking into a product... and it has the tendency to
turn me off to it. I am far from alone in this. Secondly that Wapin
would make MORE money,,, reap MORE benifits by being a bit more
forthcoming instead of attempting an over protectionist policy that wont
accomplish anything anyways.

In the end... you make money by selling products.. good quality ones....
not ideas.

My view

--
Richard Brekne