SAT II users

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 06:38:35 -0600

Dave,

<<I had a problem twice with my SAT 1 with the foot switch terminal not
working. The last time was just before I sold it. I called Sanderson and was
told that if a Radio Shack or non Inventronics plug was soldered on, it
could
damage the switch terminal. So I paid to have it repaired and a new cord
installed on the foot switch.

Dave Peake, RPT>>

I have a SAT II, and am not familiar with the SAT I, so it may be different.
However, if the switch terminal can be damaged with a non-Inventronics plug,
then mine should have been damaged the four times it has been replaced. :-)
The Inventronics plug is slightly longer than a regular sub-mini plug (I
think). There is nothing magical about a plug and its receptacle. As long as
contact is made, everything will work properly. Though I have only some
limited electronics knowledge, I do not see how a switch plug could damage
anything if is approx the same size.

I have also had to replace the battery charger. The original one quit
working, so I took one of the same voltage and resoldered the original plug
on. I believe that the original charger is 100 mA. The one I replaced it
with is 500 mA, but that should not negatively affect charging if there is
something in the SAT to regulate the amount of current that can charge the
battery. Many times there is a regulator in the circuitry. I think the
amount of milliamps is simply the capacity that the charger is capable of.
So the one that I replaced will provide 5 times more power, but since it is
not necessary, it will only provide what is needed.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS