METH/WATER for hard hammers

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:31:49 -0500

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:01:25 -0800 Susan Kline <sckline@home.com> writes:
> >bases-loaded@juno.com

 While I've seen shellac flakes occasionally in
> woodworking catalogs, I'd like to hear about some good, inexpensive
suppliers.

> Susan

Hi Susan -

The best retail place to buy shellac that I know of is Homestead
Finishing Products.  216-631-5309.  Wide assortment in case you are
interested in using it for any finish work, and one of the most
knowledgable finishers anywhere owns and runs the place - Jeff Jewitt,
finish writer for Fine Woodworking and other mags - has a few very good
books and videos out, too.  Anyway....they have a white shellac
(colorless) that would be good for voicing for 12.99/lb.

Before I post the wholesale places I am waiting for their permission, as
essentially they are refinishers who sell shellac to other refinishers as
a small side business, and I want to be sure it is OK to "publicly
broadcast" their email addresses.  If they prefer not, I will send it to
you privately, as I'm sure they will not be opposed to that.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com