hardened capo bars

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:28:15 -0600

----------
> From: Don <drose@dlcwest.com>
>
> Hi David,
>
> One good reason to remove as little as possible is that some
capo's are
> hardened.

Of course if they were "hardened" they shouldn't have grooves. So
if there are grooves then it isn't hardened enough, or it can't be.
 So something or nothing must be done if grooves show up.
I cannot say for certain, but I believe "hardening" goes
more than .050 deep. (1.25mm) This is a wild guess.  If that is so
you can
take off the diameter of a #23 wire before you get to soft.  That
would take a long time of shoe shinning.
	 It may be that what they think they hardened might not be as hard
as what we think is that much harder or even hard enough.
---Richardly   Hardend