Capo bar contour

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:18:17 -0600

> I would tend to go with what was designed in the piano.
> Emory cloth will make the smallest change.  We don't want to
> flatten it out though.  String grooves are usually not very deep.
 It

> seems to me that a sharper capo means less surface area to
> take the pressure of the string and possibly more cutting into
> the capo.
>
> David I.

I agree in principal.
	To get a capo bar any smaller in diameter than its actual width
would require machining, I think, unless it is cast like the V bar
in uprights.  But the those looked machined after they were cast. I
don't see how you can flatten it out by shoe shining no matter what
diameter or shape it was.    ---ric