METH/WATER for hard hammers

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
11 Feb 2000 17:06:27 -0800

I used a solution of water, alcohol and fabric softener to mellow out the tone on my Baldwin vertcle, which was very bright and metallic, and it worked great! Has anyone else tried this method, or variation thereof? I did try steaming but the above method did the trick. The fabric softener is "snuggles", and it is non-scented and non-colored so it won't stain. the amount of softener used is very little, with water being second, and alcohol being the most part. I used abiout half an eyedropper full, on the hammer shoulders.

Terry Peterson
LA, CA

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com