doping pinblock/piano upside down

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:45:15 -0600

Jon,

It worked for you. Cool! This gives me hope. Thanks much.
Best regards,

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

  Actually the key bed becomes the hand-hold when the piano is inverted.
  Place papers on the floor for security, pads also, you don't want the old
finish
  to rub into the carpet if it is dried out.

  Remove/tie-up the prop stick!

  I did this just this week with good results.  Other questionable 'techs'
have recommended
  restringing but I pointed out the lack of tone due to the dead sounding
board and
  all the brass flanges cracking at the pin lines (Chickering).

  She was grateful for my not leading her down the garden path to
disappointment.

  I'll be able to sell her a decent used piano soon with the money I saved
her  :-)

  Got CA?

  Jon Page,   piano technician
  Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.