Making the Transition

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:09:36 -0800

Martin Dubow wrote:

> I'm curious about stories regarding how you went from whatever you were
> doing before, to actually making a living as a tuner.

I was a cinematography student in film school.  My ambition was to work in
Hollywood.  After three years of making student films I began realizing
certain realities of having to afford attending an expensive school that is
almost always required to succeed, (USC, UCLA, etc).  I began working on
pianos, (primarily player pianos), as a hobby.  Later I returned to school
to complete a Bachelors in General Studies with a music minor and then went
to Western Iowa Tech.  The rest, as they say, is history.  Now when I say
"action" I'm talking about something else.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV