Making the Transition

Martin Dubow tuner@mediaone.net
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:45:09 -0800

An interesting question.

I played cello professionally for years in N.Y.(my main claim to fame being that
I played with the American Symphony under Leopold Stokowski) and then
moved to L.A. to play in the studios. I did that for a number of years and for
reasons too sordid to go into here, I gave it up. And now, after about 15
years as a furniture manufacturer, I think I've finally found my calling in our
illustrious industry.

I still play chamber music for fun, but I now listen to the piano in a whole
different way. Which is another question. Do you guys notice how much
differently you listen to a piano now than you did before becoming a
tuner? I sure do.

Martin