confirm Samick buying Baldwin

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:42:30 -0500

Folks,

I just heard back from one of my folks at Baldwin that the company has not
been sold nor are there any plans for that at this time.  Perhaps we can
trace the source of several of these other rumors.

Baldwin owns a portion of Samick and has done so for years.

The current president of Baldwin, Karen Hendricks, and a number of the top
management staff are former Proctor and Gamble folks.

I was at a dealer meeting in Mason, OH several weeks ago where they unveiled
a number of new products as well as explaining their past and current
strategies to the dealers.  Everything is full speed ahead.  Sure, they've
had some stumbles, as every company does, but I don't see the company going
away.

Further, the tech service department is being overseen by Joe Vitti (whom a
number of you know personally.)  They are in the process of moving tech
service and parts back to Trumann, AR since being at the factory makes more
sense than being at the headquarters.  Kent Webb is sorely missed but they
are hiring 4 technicians to work on Artist grand production, teach
technicals and work the tech service lines.  At this point, the following
numbers may help:

Tech Service:   800-876-2976 ext, 8585 (email forthcoming because I've
misplaced it)
Piano Parts:    Eric Ostman 877-889-4805 (toll free) - email:
eostman@bscn.com
Concertmaster:  Steve Bryan 800-876-2976 ext. 4601 - email:
steve.bryan@bpao.com

To the best of my knowledge, everything that I've listed here is fact and
not rumor or supposition.  Hope this helps,

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - PTG Institute 2000
July 5-9 - Arlington, VA