stringing supplies

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
6 Feb 2000 13:39:10 -0800

Hi all,

Could I get some tips/advice on what I should have in the way of a good basic variety of piano wire? I have not yet replaced any strings, but I would like to be prepared to replace/splice any broken or missing strings I may encounter. Also, I am told I will need something called a "micrometer", to measure the string gauges. How many types of wire should I carry, or is there a "universal" type I can use for basic replacement? Thanks.

Terry

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com