CA glue amount for pinblock

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:21:14 -0500

If you plan on treating the whole pinblock, I would have at least two =
bottles with me - maybe three to be safe - you will likely use at least =
one. Make sure you remove the action and protect the key bed. There is =
often a space between the underside of the plate and the top of the =
pinblock, I think that alot of glue ends up in this area.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ARTHUR CHICKERING=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 4:19 PM
  Subject: CA glue amount for pinblock

  Pianotech,
  =20
  I am going to treat a small grand pinblock with CA glue.  I have told =
the customer that this is a band aid approach to the piano's pinblock =
problem, but he is only interested in the short term.
  I have read the information on this subject in the archives.  I do not =
use much CA glue in my daily service calls.  I was wondering =
approximately how much glue to have on hand for treating=20
  all the tuning pins?=20
  I plan on puchasing 1 oz. bottles.
  =20
  Thanks,