When to do it

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:34:52 EST

Wim wrote:

<<"The
balance rail would have to move quite a bit for it to effect the capstan to
the point that it creates, or eliminates lost motion. Or am I missing
something?">>

Yep sho be doin jus dat. :-)

a very small change in balance rail height will have an effect on hammer
setting. Try putting a very small amount of regulating punchings under a well
regulated hammer line and see what that does to the hammer line. I believe
you will find that as balance rail height rises the hammers will rise also
and as balance rail height goes down the hammer line will fall. On a properly
set grand this will result in a change in hammer line height...but on a
vertical it very often leads to lost motion or to hammers standing off of the
hammer rest rail......generally speaking, of course. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)