When to do it

kam@flash.net kam@flash.net
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:37:06 -0600

>...Since I feel that the immediate customer complaint has priority
>(within reasonable mechanical limitations) over manufacturers' allowances
>for anticipated settling, this gets everyone off the hook without wasting
>time duplicating effort after the action settles down...
>Ron N

Ron, List,

I would certainly attend to the customer's needs as you, Ron, to satisfy a
complaint.  I just don't know that 'settling' was Yamaha's reason for doing
this in the class I attended.  I do remember if the key were released
slowly, the jack would just barely not go back completely under the hammer
butt.  That was the intended relationship as I understood it presented.

Maybe someone in the know will eventually respond as Clyde has requested.

>So what do you tell customers with new Yamaha verticals who complain about
>repetition problems to get them to put up with it until next year?...

Wait 'til next year to play???

Keith McGavern aka Mc
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731