Boston/Japanese Comparison

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:39:09 -0500

With regard to rim, soundboard and hammer design & construction and typical
resultant tonal/sound characteristics, how do Boston pianos compare with
other Japanese pianos (Yamamha & Kawai)? At this early stage of my career, I
am only just beginning to be able to differentiate some of these
characteristics. I would be very interested in reading any thoughts on this
subject in general.

In part, ultimately what I am getting at is that I am contemplating
potential changes I might want to make to my own Boston GP178.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com