what pianos are good?

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 13:38:29 +0000

Hi Martin

There are many good ones to practice on.  Itīs best to get a large
instrument where the scaling isnīt compromised by lack of space.    If
every student could get a large Steinway grand piano to practice on, that
would be great, but I donīt expect that you can.

Perhaps a Yamaha U3 or U1 might be accessible?  I find them quite easy to
tune.  Iīm not a scaling expert so I canīt give you any numbers or graphs
or anything.  Someone?

Also, when you get the hang of it, you need to practice on many pianos,
because thatīs what youīll be tuning when you start working.

Merry Kristmas

Kristinn