PianoDisc PDS128Plus question

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:41:03 -0700

If the kit only had 81 solenoids then something went wrong when the kit
was packed.  PDS kits ALWAYS come with 88 solenoids.  Call Nina at tech
support and have her send you the missing ones.  I have installed 50+
of these systems.  There are 2 in the shop now and another on the way.
In some instances we have left off a few solenoids on the ends because
of either a structural difficulty in the piano's designed, or if it is
an exceptionally expensive nice piano with decorative legs which we
didn't want to cut up for the rail cover.  Other than that we always
install all 88.

The driver boards each have 30 pin sets for 30 solenoids each.  The
first board on the bass end is always number one, with two orphan pin
sets on the top.  If you end up leaving any off in the bass section be
sure that you count how many keys you are leaving off to leave the
appropriate number of pins vacant, and remember that the number letf off
at the top should have two more added to make up for the two extra pin
sets.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV