Mildew

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:43:04 -0600

lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Marcel Carey
  Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 2:25 PM
  To: pianotech
  Subject: Mildew

  Hi,
  This morning I ran into a piano that is growing mildew. The action
backchecks and butts show the nasty stuff. I mentioned this to the customer
and she told me that her husband had 3 sinus operations and his doctor told
him they probably had mildew in the house. My question is:

  Is there something to remove this nasty stuff. Is there a chemical product
that could be sprayed or brushed on the piano parts to kill these mushrooms
and prevent them to grow back? Would heath destroy them? If yes what kind of
temperature are we talking about?

  Thanks for the help.

  Marcel
  Marcel Carey, accordeur technicien