Larger Tuning Pin Installation

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:50:07 -0500

Can the pin be driven slightly deeper in to the block?

If the pins are slightly loose, does the tuning hold reasonably? If so
there is no need to change just to get a tighter feeling pin.

A drop of CA might solve the problem on the worst offenders.

What size pins came out and what size pins were you putting back in?

Jon Page

At 12:17 AM 12/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Keith,
>Thanks for the valuable info. Maybe the old pin wasn't really very loose,
>just not really tight! Is it still OK to install a pin a size larger if the
>pin is just borderline? I don't have a pin torque wrench, so I don't know
>exactly how loose that first pin was, but only a few are way too loose to
>hold AT ALL, but I was going to replace even the borderline ones. Is that
>advisable?
>
>Thanks,
>Larry Trischetta
>
> > >I started to
> >  >pound in the pin and it seems extremely tight.
> >
> >  If the one you are placing was not extremely loose, that would make
> sense.

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net