What is and what is not a piano tuner .

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:24:08 +0100

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 12/15/00 8:50:01 PM Central Standard Time,
> ramsey@extremezone.com writes:
>
> << A piano tuner is someone who tunes pianos. A piano technician tunes,
>  regulates, voices, repairs, and sometimes rebuilds piano. >>
>
> That's our deffinition. The public thinks a piano tuner is one who works on
> pianos. How many times have you been called to "tune" the piano, when all
> that was wrong was a broken jack spring?
>
> Wim

Again... erroneous thinking.. it is not the public who defines what we do. And
the definitions you give below are unsubstantiated and to vague to be of any
use. The definition you give for piano tuner goes so far as to be a circular
definition....

Listen Wim.. and others... you wanna call any idiot a piano tuner just because
he can make a buck off  people who cant tell the difference between a tuned
piano and a pool table... go for it.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.