What is and what is not a piano tuner .

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:36:12 -0900

I think it's all a matter of perspective;

My partner talks on the phone to his son in Canada about once a week.  They
talk a lot about businesses and how to run one.  Last week his son was on a
soapbox about how his dad should not call himself a mere "piano tuner".
Apparently he didn't think it sounded impressive enough.  I didn't hear
whether he had a better idea or not though.......

Of course, since he tunes with an ETD, doing aural unisons and tests, maybe
it should be something more professional sounding, like "Piano Acoustical
Interface Engineer".
I dunno, I'm not so good with words like Professor Ron... maybe he has a
better term that would satisfy everybody.

Diane