Duck on the Pianotech list.

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:46:36 -0600

Hey Ed, I just got a call from one of your customers today with a D.  They
want me to retune the treble on it and fix a few unisons.  Could it be?
Who'd a thunk.... ;~)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of A440A@AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 12:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Duck on the Pianotech list.

Robin writes:
<<So, let me get this straight: any time that someone shares their thoughts
or feelings or beliefs, you feel "pressured" to accept them? Sad. You do not
understand the Christian's heart. >>

 Greetings,
    The objection, which I share, is using the list for religious
proselytizing.
To proselytize:
1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's
doctrine.
3. To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to
another. —.

    I don't spend the time or money to use this medium to have various
religious advertisements come up on the screen, (there are too many
religions
in this world for that!)  I also resent those trying to equate religion with
God.  They are two different things.
   The less focussed this list is on pianos,  the less value it has.  So,
here is a piano post:
    I intentionally sharpened the last octave of a Steinway D with my SAT
last week.  I punched up the octave stretch so that the last note was 20
cents sharper than a straight FAC tuning.  NOBODY noticed!!!!!
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT