The Final Result

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:32:19 -0600

>...I repeat...  the ability to turn and set a tuning pin alone... even to a
>visual referance... is only one small part of the greater set of skills
>required of a piano tuner. This is not a matter of opinion. This is
>simple fact. And by virtue of that fact... if all you can do is turn the
>pin... then you are not a piano tuner....
>Richard Brekne...

Repeating what you believe doesn't make it so, Richard.  It is an opinion
on your part, and not a fact, to declare it so.  Having others agree with
your viewpoint does not substantiate it anymore so.

*However*, if you substituted the word, tuner, with the word, technician,
your positionally stand would have reasonable merit.

Otherwise, you have presented no evidence to support that one's abilitity
to put a piano in tune with a machine (SAT / RCT), and set the tuning pins
while doing so, constitute that person from not being a piano tuner by
definition.

It would be clearly evident that anyone capable of accomplishing the task
of putting a piano in tune and making it stable, has a clear enough
understanding of what it takes to tune a piano, regardless of the method of
madness employed.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731