Burnout/not excusable language

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:17:15 +0100

> Hi:
>
> There is no way to determine this writer (Maria) is from another land.
> There
> are a lot of Maria's in our country.  Even if what you imply is true, it
> is
> still no excuse for her -or you as you so often annoyingly do- to use
> profanity on this list.

I beg your friggen Pardon... but there is actually a very easy way of
determining her nationality... ever heard of domain names ??? Look at her
email address

> This is not a cultural thing- it is a lack of
> cultural thing.

It is indeed a cultural thing, but you may view it as you wish.

And if she is just now for the first time being made aware

> of it (which I seriously doubt), then I have made a real contribution to
> improving something badly in need of improving.
> To let this pass without comment is called enabling.  I am not an enabler
> of
> incorrect or boorish behavior.
> You will note several  affirmations to this  have already been forwarded
> this list.
> Incidentally, I note people contributing to this list from all over the
> world, but cannot recall their using inappropriate language as you seem
> feel is  "quite commonly (used) here as slang" (referring to Iceland).
> Perhaps that says more about Iceland than you really wanted us to know.
> Sincerely,

Bob... you are out of line... period.

--
Richard Brekne