Sufficent light/was: The needed quiet... Ron N.

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 07:36:36 +0100

> > As for cranking out tunings...  I know it's the piano technician's "bread
> > and butter".  But I've been thinking if that's what this business is all
> > about, I think it's time to find a new profession.  I grow to hate it more
> > each and every tuning.   <now where did that come from? that wasn't what we
> > were talking about!>
> >

> > Brian Trout
> > Quarryville, PA
> > btrout@desupernet.net

Sounds like a brewing case of burnout to me... might be a good idea to think about
the fact that any job, no matter what the job...will get at some point to be very
much the same thing. Routine is routine... and money making is largely a matter of
routine. Gots to have the bucks to survive. I have always tried to balance how much
I need to make vs what kind of jobs I can make some of that on whilst still having
fun. I cant get away from the routine stuff completely... but I can find ways of
getting the most out of it.

Try HT tunings for example... you might get a completely different kind of response
from both your customers and from yourself. Or try almost any other way of
approaching the job differently.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.