Info on Schoenbach Grand Pianos....

Paul Jenkins paul@vocada.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:57:30 -0600

Greetings,
  Does anyone have opinions on the Schoenbach Grand Piano? My local Brook
Mays piano store has a 1-year old used 5'6" Grand in Polished Emory for a
decent price (about 1/2 that of a similar Yamaha Grand). I understand that
the piano is made for Brook Mays in China and obviously isn't a Steinway,
but wondered if people had any information or opinion on the piano. We are
buying for Christmas to put in our living room and so that our 7 and 4 year
old daughters can begin to learn on it. As an aside, the Brook Mays store
gave us a lifetime trade-up promise towards another grand at full paid price
and a 5 year guarantee (parts and labor). We have listened to it in the
store with the sales person playing on both it and a Yamaha and can't tell
much difference, but we aren't professionals either. We did hear a
difference between it and the Yamaha uprights that costs about the same or a
bit more, which is why we are leaning towards it....

Thanks in advance for helping someone new :)
Paul Jenkins

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef