bridge repairs

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 05:48:17 -0000

I am repinning an old Chicekring bridge as part of a restringing job.  There
are three places where the bridge has been damaged resulting in some wood
loss around these pins and along the pin ridge line.  Damaged areas are on
both the speaking and non-speaking side of the bridge.  Budget does not
allow for recapping.  I thought I might repair the bridge using West system
epoxy mixed with their filleting blend.  My question/concern is whether or
not this substance will create any problems for clean termination and if it
will hold up without chipping with the string bearing down on it?

Input or suggestions are appreciated.

David Love