Sufficent light/was: The needed quiet... Ron N.

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 00:36:19 -0500

Hi Brian,
    I think the colors thing just may be a flash back from an acid trip. :>)
But seriously, i sure would like to try that "perfect pitch" thing for a bit to
see what they're talking about.
    As far as the cranking out tunings thing, I know what you mean. I'm not
exactly thrilled with the act of tuning but I do like going to meet people and
interact with them. I would miss that. I also enjoy the freedom of my own
schedule on my own terms and not having to deal with other employees who just
"put in their time". I would hate to see you leave this profession. Perhaps you
should just emphasize the rebuilding aspect of the business. It seems that you
have an abundance of talent in that area and we could all use more rebuilding
types. It seems that very often these are the folks with real innovations in
piano technology, not just the manufacturers. Still, there are other things to
do in life. Just don't do what I did and decide late enough on a "permanent"
career to make retirement planning kind of tough.
    I hope you are well and not just in a funk about the relationship thing. It
seems that so often, the right thing comes along when we're not even looking
anymore. Kind of blind sides us, ya know?
Best,
    Greg Newell