Fabric softener

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:55:21 -0400

At 9:51 PM -0500 8/30/00, Roy Ulrich wrote:
>  > In a message dated 8/30/2000 11:48:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  > I use one capful per load.
>
>If that was meant to be funny, it failed miserably. What is this? A forum
>that professes to be a congregation of professionals offering professional
>dialogue in an attempt to help one another and promote the professionalism
>of the industry? And we get THIS? Thank you very much. I try to ask
>legitimate questions and get smart-ass answers - boy, does that speak
>volumes for "the group". I suggest that the comedy is better addressed to
>the other group, "pianotech.humor" or whatever it's called rather than here.
>I'm sure that the little old lady I'm trying to help on her fixed budget
>will really be impressed by your input.

There is plenty of this light-headedness on PTech, and I'm surprised
you've only noticed now (when you were looking for the answer to a
question of yours). I personally liked that one-liner.

You need to ask first how dilute. 8:1 is the standard, and my first
(uninformed) time I used 4:1 on a set of badly over-lacquered
Steinway B hammers. They voiced up beautifully and a year later I'm
still grateful for Snuggles' work. Which bears mentioning the other
serious point: this as do all other mystery sauces only gets you into
the ballpark.

If you're looking for wisdom without wisecracks, it ain't PTech.
Roger Jolly is right on the mark.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter PTG

"Can you check out this middle C?. It "whangs' - (or twangs?)
     Thanks so much, Ginger"
     ...........Service Request