Old Fashioned?? and off topic

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:10:40 EDT

While reading the newspaper....you know the large paper sheets that we use
for wrapping keys, taping off areas we don't want to spray and donate to the
Scouts for their paper drives and which conviently include some few items of
interest in a readable form.............I happened to see an advertisement
for a 800mhz, Intel Pentium III notebook......the price was decent and there
was an 800-number to call BUT the ad stated that web orders only would be
given the price advertised and that orders placed through the 800- number
would be charged $400 more.

 Am I missing something here or am I just too Old Fashioned???
First, 800mhz!! is faster than Sadie Hawkins running from ole Zeke.
Second, An ad in a real newspaper for an item to use on the www which can
only be ordered on the www?? (to qualify for the $400 discount)
Third, differentiated pricing based on medium used??

 I suppose I shall just have to accept that this isn't my Grandfathers way of
doing business...huh?
Bumfuddled, bemused and benighted in Florida.
Jim Bryant (FL)