Question-Pianola Mini-Player &

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 15:03:27 PDT

Thanks all for the input on the players!

  Roger said:

>This time I was a little smarter, shipped the piano to Ray Hopland, and had
>him rebuild the player, and he did a great job.
>The big suprise after about 2 years, is that the piano and player is
>constantly being played.
>She has some old nursery rhyme player rolls, and it is kind of nice to
>listen to the excitement of her young grand children singing around the
>piano.  Better than cartoons on TV.
>Again I lost my shirt, since I only charged for parts, and out of pocket
>expenses.

  Roger, that is a great outcome for your sister-in-law!  You might have
gained a whole lot of new shirts for that one :-)

I was just thinking of gutting the two aeolian players, but wanted to make
sure that there wasn't something I didn't know that made that inadvisable.
Actually the Sherman and Clay will make a nice rental piano without all the
player paraphenalia.

I've been party to rebuilding several player uprights.  By that I mean that
we did the piano work.  Several times we did the piano work for the player
man's job and twice he did the player work for our job.  All worked out well
for both parties.  At least I think it did......... both player men have
gone on to the great beyond!

  Diane