Keybed items

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 15:56:12 -0400

At 12:32 PM 08/20/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My best story is about a piano some 125 miles from where I live. It
>belonged to a private school. About 3 weeks after I tuned I got a phone
>call from a very upset music techer. The piano was not behaving at
>all--keys were sticking at random etc.
>
>When I arrived I removed the top board--and was almost drowned in bits of
>soda crackers. A student or students had filled the entire action cavity to
>the brim. It was quite a mess to clean up. And, of course, I did charge for
>the trip and labor. I have not heard from them since.
>Regards,
>Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T.

I can see it now, she gives each student a cracker; only the student
cringes and
waits for the foist moment to dispose of it  -  while pretending to chew !  LOL

I received an irate call-back once.  The owner claimed a key was sticking
after I tuned
the piano (my fault). I went there and found a piece of cat litter between
two keys.
Evidently that pillow behind the bass bridge was for the cat's repose.

Did she ever become indignant when I charged for a service call.
Never heard from her again, never wanted to...

Customer service only goes so far,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net