pianotech-digest V2000 #675 Off topic

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:17:36 +0100

In article <16.e3eea0.26c74a83@aol.com>, JIMRPT@AOL.COM writes

>In a message dated 8/12/2000 7:09:59 PM, Barrie wrote:
>
><<Replied off lists as this is not the place>>
>
>Hmm;
> I'm not sure what this says about the human condition when we splatter the
>list with vulgarities yet take discussions of god or religion "off list"????
>Curious at least.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Because I was nicely  asked not to take this any further on the list,
mainly the  religion  side and it is off topic.

   Vulgarities well that depend what part of history you are in,  which
brings us back where this thread started "the meaning of words"   Which
again bring us back to religion as it is religion who  forbidden words
they don't like and decree they are vulgar   Yet this word was in common
use beyond  1400 and was in the first Dictionary, the Church did not
like a word that disrobed having sex so they had it removed  which
brings us back  to "No sex please were British"

Subject closed

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton               Ý The U.K. Piano Page:
http://www.a440.co.uk       Ý http://www.uk-piano.org/