Welmar

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 18:52:19 +0200

Hi John, from Barrie's UK Piano page

http://www.uk-piano.org/welmar/

Also tune several of these, been a popular piano.

Brian Lawson, RPT
Johannesburg, South Africa

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Lillico, RPT" <staytuned@idirect.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2000 5:31 PM
Subject: Welmar

> I tuned a Welmar studio yesterday, #109006. The surprising aspect of this
is that I had never heard of the London-based make previously and I've been
servicing pianos in the "colonies" for thirty-eight years.

> It appears to be well made, equipped with a Langer 100 action..... a nice
mellow tone. An interesting feature is the side lifting lid, the hinges of
which are secured to blocks, the dowells of which recess into the cabinet.
Just lifts straight off. The muffler rail, too, was easy to disengage.