Welmar

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:10:43 -0600

Hi John,
               I think they are mfg. in Cheltenham? I saw a few of them,
3yrs ago in the UK.
The dealership had all the pianos on his floor, immaculately prepped, a
pleasant suprise.
There was a newer used John Broadwood studio piano that was outstanding.
Roger

At 11:31 AM 12/08/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I tuned a Welmar studio yesterday, #109006. The surprising aspect of this
is that I hadnever heard of the London-based make previously and I've been
servicing pianos in the "colonies" for thirty-eight years.

>It appears to be well made, equipped with a Langer 100 action..... a nice
mellow tone. An interesting feature is the side lifting lid, the hinges of
which are secured to blocks, the dowells of which recess into the cabinet.
Just lifts straight off. The muffler rail, too, was easy to disengage.

>Can any of our British colleagues shed some light and thought on this maker?
>
>John Lillico, RPT
>Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.