wire gauges

Francis Dubé fdube@vianet.on.ca
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:29:48 -0400

I'm looking for suggestions re: wire gauges for an old Willis 52" tall =
upt. The original stringer seems to have note 88 starting with
                                                       =20
                   13 -( for 4notes)
                   14- ( for 9 notes)
                   15-( for 7 notes)
                   16- ( for 7 notes)
                   17 -( for 7 notes)
                   18- ( for 9 notes)
                   19- for 7 notes)
                   20 ( for 6 notes)       =20
                   21 ( for 5 notes)
The bass strings will be sent to a string maker that will make a replica =
of the originals.
My question is would 1/2 sizes be advisable to insert into this =
configuration.Or is there a configuration of gauge sizes that anyone =
would recommend.

Francis Dube, RPT =20