freedom from the whole shebang

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:22:57 EDT

Susan writes:
<< <<"Or ... you can use
the internally programmable grey device. No switch, batteries rechargeable
with hamburgers, no upgrades, no tangled cords, no blinkety lights, .....">>

   Ah, yes, ears are wonderful things, but this morning, I had two concert
grands to tune for a duo piano rehearsal.  One was freshly restrung and
anywhere from 3 to 10 cents flat. The other hadn't been tuned for the last
two months and was 14 cents sharp,(plus another temperament).  I had two
hours to do the whole thing.
    I don't think I would have been able to get it done, aurally.   The
construction outside the building was loud,  the pitch corrections were
drastic.  There was time for one pass each on these pianos, the SAT III left
me with two tunings that were within 2 cents of each other at their worst, (
right above the bass break and easily corrected in a few minutes),  and right
together in most places.
   They are just tools.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT