yamaha p22 instability

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:47:03 GMT

Hi everyone-

I worked on a Yamaha P22 last night(#225454)- my first time there, 5th
tuning for this instrument.  Pin and string movement seemed fine, piano was
only about 8 cents flat,  but it just wouldn't stay put! (imagine that, a
piano creeping all over the house)  I finally got the unisons to stay clean,
but it just wasn't a 'normal' Yamaha tuning for me. Has anyone out there run
into this?  Is there something I need to check?  No sunlight hitting the
strings, no heat kicking on . . . it had me scratching my head!

thanks

Ron Koval
Chicagoland