Beware! Worn out tuning tip.

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:57:23 -0400

I'd like to give one possibility here, if it's not the tuning hammer tips.  At the
PA PTG convention Jack Stebbins gave the illustration of just completing a concert
tuning in an auditorium when they switched the air conditioning on.  There went the
tuning.

If in your particular case a rather drastic weather or humidity change was
occurring (or air conditioners were on), and if you were using a highly accurate
ETD such as RCT or SAT, could that have resulted in the tuning changes?  I also use
tuning tips with a somewhat loose fit, and it has not been a problem for me.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT