WORST mishap...

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:04:50 +0100

I just remember one thing, once when tuning a Bluthner grand.  There was a
very little spike protruding from the plate.  Just a tiny defect.  I didn´t
see it and accidentally bumped my finger in it.  It broke off and went in
close to the free edge of a nail.  That really hurt since this area is very
sensitive of course.
I took it out and then it started to bleed quite nicely, rich oxygenated
blood.

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S. An acquaintance of mine was once putting a string into a piano and
somehow managed to get it through his finger sticking right in the
fingernail and through the other side.