Soundboards

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:20:06 EDT

Ron,

Thank you for your response.

Now oh great sage and master of all things piano I have a few more questions.

How does one go about measuring "internal friction?"  Would it be greater in
a laminate board because of the laminations?  Does the glue joint between the
ribs and board come into this equation or is this a cellular thing?

The stiffness of the SB assembly is determined to a large extent by the cross
sectional ratio of the ribs. Width in proportion to height. Right?

How does one go about determining the best ratios?  In the "killer octave
area" what changes are most helpful?

I know most original research in the piano field is now conducted by
rebuilders such as those on this list.  I am not looking for any proprietary
information.  Just point me in the right direction to look.

Andrew Remillard