Impact hammers.

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:29:18 PDT

Dear Graeme,
Impact hammers are _wonderful!_ (awful?)  They will save you shoulder
muscles, make you less tired at the end of the tunings on vertical pianos,
help with stability.  BUT they are just like learning how to use a tuning
hammer all over again.  You cannot feel the changes in the pin, so you have
to depend much more on listening, or if you tune with an ETD on the lights.
It takes the determination to learn how to use it for about a month and then
you will never want to tune without it again.
  I've had mine for so long, I don't know what brands are available today,
good luck,
  Diane